Ponnanganni Keerai Poriyal Recipe :
Ponnanganni keerai is an aquatic plant of Asian origin grown in tropical and subtropical regions.
There are two varieties of Ponnanganni Keerai.
- One is with green leaves called Nattu Ponnanganni.
- Other is with pink leaves called Seemai Ponnanganni.
- The leaves also contain hydrocarbons, oleanic acid rhamnoside, methylene cycloartenol, stigmasterol etc.
- Ponnanganni Keerai – 1 small bunch
- Onion – 1 medium sized
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – a pinch (optional)
- Salt – to taste